Answered By: Kathryn Hepburn Last Updated: Nov 10, 2022 Views: 16
You can download all of the search results in a single .RIS file, and then use Zotero to export the results as a .CSV file. The steps below may look complicated, but with this workflow, you are creating and manipulating a single file rather than downloading multiple .CSV files and needing to combine them without missing any search results.
First, download Zotero from this link. Zotero is a citation manager. It's free to download and use, and is handy for a number of citation related tasks.
Once you are set up with Zotero, leave it running and head back to your EBSCOhost search results.
From the Results page, take the following steps:
- Click Share at the top of the search results list
- Choose "Email a link to download exported results"
- Enter your email address
- Choose "RIS Format" from the list on the right
- Click Send.
In a few minutes, you'll receive an email with a link to download a .zip file. Click the link and download the file.
- Go to your Downloads folder
- Unzip the file
- On a Mac, you can just double click & it will sort itself out
- On a PC, double click on the .zip file, and then hit the "Extract all" button. Choose a destination folder and then click extract.
- Go to the unzipped .RIS file location
- Right click on the file and choose "Open with..."
- Select Zotero to open the .RIS file.
Zotero will then pop up with a prompt asking if you want to import the file. Click Okay.
The list of search results will show up in Zotero in a folder in your Library. Then it's time to export to a CSV:
- Right click on the Folder in your Library
- Choose "Export collection..." from the list
- Under Format, choose CSV from the list
- Then click OK
- Choose the folder where you want the CSV file and click Save
You'll then find the file in the chosen folder!
Contact the Libraries
Request a research consultation
Text us at 205-377-2920
Call or Visit our Branches
Bruno Business Library
Hoole Special Collections
McLure Education Library