Answered By: Gorgas Information Services Last Updated: Jun 22, 2018 Views: 148
You may want to start with Scout, the Libraries' search tool.
- If you're just getting started or if you're looking for new resources:
- Use Scout to search for your topic, then use the limiters on the left side of the page to narrow your results.
- Try adding keywords like drama, "complete plays", or "collected plays" to your search.
- If you are looking for a specific play, or plays by a particular playwright:
- Use Scout to search for the title. This usually works best when you place the title in quotation marks: "A Raisin in the Sun".
- Use Scout to search by author. This usually works best when you don't place the author's name in quotation marks, since authors' names can be listed in many different ways (William Faulkner; Faulkner, William; William Cuthbert Faulkner; William C. Faulkner, etc.).
- If you'd like, you can also go directly to the Libraries' Classic Catalog.
We also subscribe to several electronic databases that have full text plays. These include:
If you need additional help, stop by the main information desk on the first floor of Gorgas.