Answered By: Melissa Green Last Updated: Jun 22, 2018 Views: 633
First, follow the steps below to set your Find Full Text preferences.
1. In EndNote, open your preferences by going to Edit > Preferences (Windows) or EndNote > Preferences (Mac).
2. Select the Find Full Text option.
3. Set your preferences as follows:
- Check all four boxes to select the technologies used to find full text: Web of Knowledge Full Text Links, DOI (Digital Object Identifier), PubMed Link Out (U.S. National Library of Medicine), and OpenURL.
- Enter the OpenURL path: https://qs7qk6ub8p.search.serialssolutions.com/
- Enter the Authenticate with URL: http://libdata.lib.ua.edu/login?url=
- Check the box to enable "Automatically invoke Find Full Text on newly imported references."
4. Click Apply, then OK.
Next, follow the steps below to find full text.
1. Select the references for which you'd like to find full text.
2. Click the Find Full Text button in the toolbar or go to References > Find Full Text > Find Full Text.
3. Enter your myBama username and password when prompted, then click Login.
4. Click the Continue button below the Database Menu.
5. If prompted, click OK to begin the Find Full Text search.
In the left column, under the Find Full Text group set, you will see a Searching group indicating that a search is in progress. This search can work in the background, and you can continue working in your library.
When the search is completed, EndNote removes the Searching group. Depending on the results, you may see a combination of three different groups under the Find Full Text group set: Found PDF, Found URL, and Not found.
A paper clip icon will appear in the reference list next to each reference for which a PDF was found.
EndNote may not be able to download all PDFs to which The University of Alabama has access due to technical issues or because the publisher does not allow their data to be accessed through Find Full Text. If you are unable to download a PDF using Find Full Text, you can download it directly from Scout or a library database, save it to your computer, then manually attach it to your EndNote reference.