Answered By: Gorgas Information Services Last Updated: Jun 22, 2018 Views: 364
While the best resource to use depends on the topic and the assignment, these resources, like Wikipedia, offer entries on a wide variety of topics:
- Biography Reference Bank
- Britannica Academic Edition
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Oxford Reference Online Premium
Here are some ways to find more dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other reference sources in the Libraries' collections:
- Electronic Dictionaries and Encyclopedias
- From the UA Libraries databases page, select "Dictionaries and Encyclopedias" from the Types menu.
- Electronic Reference Sources and Tools
- From the UA Libraries databases page, select "Reference Sources and Tools" from the Types menu.
- Find reference sources with Scout. Here are three ways:
- Enter a subject or topic in which you are interested and the word dictionary, thesaurus, encyclopedia, reference, etc..
- Search for a topic then narrow the results to a particular type of publication by using the Source Types limiter on the left side of the page.
- Include a publication type in your search.