How do I find electronic books?
The Libraries have books in print and electronic formats. There are lots of different ways to access these materials, but here are some suggestions.
- If you're just getting started or if you're looking for new resources:
- Use Scout to search for your topic, then use the limiters on the left side of the page to narrow your results (for eBooks: under Source Types, select eBooks).
- If you are looking for a specific book, or books by a particular author:
- Use Scout to search for the title. This usually works best when you place the title in quotation marks: "The Know-It-All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World".
- Use Scout to search by author. This usually works best when you don't place the author's name in quotation marks, since authors' names can be listed in many different ways (William Faulkner; Faulkner, William; William Cuthbert Faulkner; William C. Faulkner, etc.).
- After conducting your search, use the options on the left side of the search results page to narrow your results (for eBooks: under Source Types, select eBooks).
You can also search individual eBook collections.